Sorry, we don't have any capacity to take on new volunteers at the moment, but this may change in the future.
What will I do?
Volunteers are involved in every area of Friends of the Earth Cymru's work from general administration through to campaigning and research. We aim to give volunteers specific roles and projects which support our work, and help volunteers develop their skills and experience. We recognise that people have many different reasons for wanting to volunteer and where possible we try to meet individual needs.
What will I gain?
As a volunteer at Friends of the Earth Cymru you will develop new skills and gain valuable work experience. You will learn about environmental issues in Wales and play an important part in the success of one of Wales' leading environmental pressure groups.
Who volunteers at Friends of the Earth?
You can. Anyone can. But especially if you:
- are interested in environmental issues and committed to the aims and objectives of Friends of the Earth
- enjoy working with others and are able to work effectively as part of a team
- are willing to do routine administrative and clerical tasks
- have a flexible approach to work
- can work on your own initiative
What's in it for you?
People have many different reasons for wanting to volunteer - and we try to meet individual needs.
By volunteering at Friends of the Earth you can:
- play an important part in the success of the UK 's leading environmental pressure group
- use your skills to help us win even more for people and the environment
- develop new skills and gain valuable work experience which will lead to further personal development and help when applying for paid work
- learn more about environmental issues and the working of a large campaigning organisation
- get actively involved in campaigning to protect the environment in your local area
- make new friends and meet like-minded people.
Volunteers can claim for travel expenses - plus lunch if you work more than 5 hours per day.
There are opportunities for our volunteers to go on training courses if necessary for their work. We run regular computer training at our London office. Volunteers may also be invited to attend our induction course.
Normal working hours are 9.30am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday. There's flexibility for volunteers to arrange mutually convenient days and times with their manager. However, we need volunteers to agree to regular hours each week and commit to these hours.